For those undergraduate and graduate students interested in global history, here is a recent call for papers for you! The History Department of Istanbul Sehir University has announced a conference entitled “Global History Student Conference Istanbul” on 22-24 June, 2018. The call for papers explains more:
The History Department of Istanbul Sehir University invites you to participate in the “Global History Student Conference Istanbul 2018,” to explore the new horizons in global, transnational, and connected histories. Having a network of international students from 80 countries in the world, Istanbul Sehir University wants to meet you in a conference that is in line with its “global” academic mission.Undergraduate and fresh graduate students who are interested in the history of global connections, movements, spaces, actors, networks, ideas and intersections between the local and the global from antiquity to the present day can be part of this conference and address their critical reflections.
We also accept poster presentations on related approaches and research topics. Your topic could be described on a printed poster including photographs, graphics, and text. Each presenter can present only one poster. The American Historical Association’s guidelines for preparing a poster presentation are available via this link.
The conference will be three days (two days of panels and a tour of historical places on the third day) and each conference day will include keynote speakers. During the conference, you will have the opportunity to present your ideas and to meet successful scholars to create a network for your future careers. The papers of the participants will then be published on the conference website. The details of the program are as follows:
THE DATE AND LOCATION OF THE CONFERENCE:
22-24 June, 2018– Istanbul Sehir University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- The language of the conference and of the papers and posters will be conducted in English.
- Proposals should not exceed 250 words including the topic, your arguments, and the relevance of the topic to global, transnational, or connected histories.
- Deadline: 25 April 2018. Students will be informed by 31 April 2018.
- To submit a proposal, please send an email to email@example.com as a Word or PDF format.
PAPER AND POSTER PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Papers should be 2000 to max. 2500 words long.
- Poster Presentations should be 800 words long. You should use images to address your arguments and to draw audience in.
- Deadline: 10 June 2018
- Participants will present a 15 minute summary of their paper. The panels are expected to consist of three presenters and including a chair.
- Poster presentations will maintain during the conference.
- There are absolutely NO FEES to register, attend or present at the conference.
- Participants should register by filling out the online application form via this link.
CONFERENCE AMENITIES FOR ACCEPTED PARTICIPANTS
- Three nights’ accommodation in single rooms in the Istanbul Sehir University Residence Center.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Coffee breaks
- Transportation to historical places
- Free Wi-Fi
Istanbul Sehir University, History Department
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!